Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Ever More

There was a day I was feeling particularly nostalgic and sentimental after returning home from Pennsic with my son, sorting through the pictures of his first Pennsic at not even a year old. And I was inspired to write him a song. And this is the song I had written for him, sung to the tune of "I Don't Want To Live On The Moon".

Someday you will fight for the King
You will take up your sword in his name
You'll defend and honor the Queen
But for now it is all just a game

You'll write stories of battles so bold
You will sing of the glories and then
You'll recite and epic or two
But for now you're still learning to pen

You may just be a child but you're starting to grow
And it wont be long now as time continues to flow
You have so much potential, so much to explore
Can't be my little boy ever more

As I sit and watch you, my son
And I dream all the things you might do
Be the King, a knight, or a bard
You will find many things to persue

When I look at you here deep asleep on my breast
I know it wont be much longer 'till you leave the nest
You have so much potential, so much to explore
Can't be my little boy ever more

No comments:

Post a Comment