Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Kokoshnik

During Pennsic I got the basics of a new hat started. I wanted to wear it for court, so I put it together, but I will probably be taking it apart to finish the last of what I want on it.

Based on the ideas of:

Beading and Embroidery design
Hat design

Unfortunately, I did the metal portion of the hat when away from the actual design I was using, so I'm not sure how much I like it, but I have tempting ways of fixing it to work better, such as stuffing the made "tunnel" of metal wire with a color that would match both the hat and what I will use as a veil.

This was my first time doing embroidery. It is a metal thread done in simple chain stitch. I'm pretty proud of it.

This is my first hat made with the proper stiffener inside (leather) and I'm rather proud of it. Because it is a more delicate hat with the leather and the velvet, though, it is going to be for court only.

No comments:

Post a Comment